by Kenji Sakamoto
There are many ways to advertise a business today. This is true both online and offline. However many offline businesses as well as online businesses are using article marketing on the Internet to see great results.
Therefore it's important that you know how to write an article to achieve effective article marketing. In this article we will talk about a few tips that will help you do that.
1. Determine what the primary reason is for writing your article. Articles are mainly used for article marketing. However they can also be used to create blog posts, build web pages, publish in an online ezine and so on.
2. Write a catchy title including a keyword phrase you are targeting. This will help catch the attention of both readers and search engines.
To come up with ideas for article titles you can go to online directories and look at existing articles. Titles that catch your attention will probably catch other people's attention as well.
3. Choose a theme for your article that is in demand. Discussion forums are a good resource for possible article themes. Some of the hottest threads in discussion forums can make for very good articles.
4. Keep your articles short and stay on theme. Keep your paragraphs short which makes them easier to read on the Internet. A good way to do this is writing numbered list articles.
5. Include a well-written resource box at the end of the article. It should include your name and a description about yourself or your website.
Your goal is to get the reader to click on a link pointing back to your website or blog. If possible hyperlink keyword phrases as well as list your website URL.
6. Spend an adequate amount of time distributing your article. Getting your article into article directories is important because that's where people will be able to find it.
For this reason you want to be sure and submit it to the top rated article directories. Search engines spider these all the time and your article could be picked up and ranked for a specific keyword phrase.
7. Create a swipe file of well written articles and refer to those for article ideas as well as a reference point on how to write a good article. Swipe files are nothing new but are very easy to fill up thanks to the Internet.
These are several suggestions on writing an article for effective article marketing online. The more articles you have online the more potential traffic they can bring you.
About The Author
Kenji Sakamoto is the owner of Article Directory Online one of the most visited online article directories on the internet. If you are looking for a high traffic article directory to publish your own articles visit it today. www.articleonlinedirectory.com