by Rebecca Maynes
According to Bing Ads and the Yahoo Network:
- Mother’s Day is the third largest retail holiday in the US behind the Christmas holiday season and back-to-school.
- It was expected in 2014 that 28.5% of people would do their Mother’s Day shopping online.
- The most common techniques used to entice shoppers included free shipping (55%), price cuts (44%) and coupons (41%).
- 87% of people celebrate Mother’s Day, and the average person spends $169.
- In 2013, $20.7B was spent on Mother’s Day spending, up 11.3% over the year before.
- 2/3 of US Shoppers will look to boutiques and small retailers to Mother’s Day gifts.